Sigh. The Utica Observer-Dispatch posts an article that’s somewhat positive about Utica, and the do-nothings slither out from their holes to bash it and declare what a sh*thole Utica is. One such person even posted the requirements for an entry level job in the coming Nano plant as evidence that “the locals” could never get the good jobs that are coming here.
Um, really? I guess you people are hanging out with the wrong crowd. And, even if you were right and Uticans can’t “cut it” in the coming growth? Oh, well. What were you doing with yourselves all your lives that you can’t meet these minimum standards (from this link)?
Required Education Qualifications:
Education and experience requirements include any one of the options listed below:
(Relevant facilities experience is defined as a facilities technician in a manufacturing environment.)
- 2 Year Technical Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor operations or a related discipline with 1 year relevant facilities experience, OR
- Equivalent military training / experience with 1 year relevant facilities experience, OR
- Certification from an accredited trade school with a minimum of 1 year relevant facilities experience, OR
- High school diploma with a minimum of 2 years relevant facilities experience.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to work effectively and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Experience and fluency with Microsoft Office software applications
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs, stand for extended periods of time, and work within a cleanroom environment meeting all gowning requirements
- BS degree
- Prior experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment
- Air flow balance experience
- Air Borne Particle and Atomic Molecular Contamination instrumentation experience
Even the “Preferred” qualifications are not that crazy but, if you’ve worked hard in your formative years, you can easily meet the minimums and the confidence and can-do attitude you’ve developed in the process will do the rest when you interview. If you can’t measure up to this, and you represent the norm in Utica (which I do not believe), then yeah, we’d need these new jobs to bring in the kind of people we need around here—people who recognize that you don’t get anywhere unless you make yourself valuable, and who have put in the hard work to become so.
Actually the real problem is that you believe your own spew and, really, you should take it with you to someplace else. Anyplace else. Those of us who are busy making things happen (instead of sitting back and whining that no one will hand you a plum job you haven’t earned) don’t have time for you, and you’re taking up potentially useful space. You don’t build and grow a community by lowering its standards to fit; quite the opposite. Adapt or perish.
Spinland Studios, LLC is a full-service branding and marketing studio in the Mohawk Valley of Upstate New York. We leverage the power and magic of 3D modeling and animation to take your company’s image places you can only imagine. Defy conventional marketing and bring your brand to life! Visit www.spinlandstudios.com for more information and examples—then hire us to boost your company’s marketing image into the 21st century!